- Search www.travelalberta.com for ideas: cave and basin lantern tour, guided tour of a cemetery, check out overnighting in a lodge or hut or guest ranch, roadtrip to the mountains for a day, badlands for the day, whitewater rafting, glacier walking. The list is vast
- Plan a ‘staycation’ and choose to make one meal from a country you want to visit, ie Germany, Thailand, Greece
- Visit markets in your area and get to know local producers Alberta Farmers Markets
- Go to the river and have a picnic – bring bug spray, kayak, swim clothes, towels, umbrella, sunscreen. Picnic with foods from the deli section of the local grocery store or make sandwiches to bring along Calgary River Access Edmonton River Access
- Go bowling one evening, and then for pizza
- Plan a walking day around your town or city. How many kilometers do you plan to walk and then stop for icecream
July 1, 1867, Canada became a new federation with its own constitution by signing the Constitution Act.